Online roulette easily ranks as one of the most popular casino games. Both pro players, as well as beginner players, view roulette as a game of choice. There are a variety of reasons why roulette attracts multitudes of players including newbies. Amongst these reasons, a few do stand out. Below, we briefly highlight these with our online roulette guide:
- Simplicity: Roulette is quite an easy game to understand and to play. This is particular true when it comes to placing the most basic of bets. Players just need to pick their lucky numbers, combination of numbers or colours and place bets. The dealer spins the wheel and once the ball rests in a pocket after the spin, winners and losers are determined.
- Multitudes of bet options: Another great attribute of roulette is that it offers multitudes of bet options. When playing roulette, players get to bet on inside bets, outside bets and in some instances side bets.
- Offers both quick and long sessions: When it comes to casino players, there are some who love quick games and others who prefer long gaming sessions. The beauty of roulette is that it offers both quick and long gaming sessions. This owing to the fact that each spin of the wheel is a completely independent and separate game hence players can enjoy just one roll or go for dozens of rolls.
Top 6 Best Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Different Types of Online Roulette Games
Online roulette comes in two different forms. It’s important for players to note here that we aren’t talking about roulette variants, no. Rather, we are talking about online roulette types. These are as follows:
- RNG Roulette: RNG roulette refers to online roulette that players play at casino Singapore whose results and outcome is determined by a random number generator. The random number generator determines where the ball will rest in after the wheel spin. Thanks to the use of the random number generator, online roulette’s results are completely free, fair and random.
- Live Online Roulette: Live online roulette in Singapore is only played at online casinos that offer the live casino Singapore lobby. This game mimics roulette played in land-based casinos. This essentially meaning that there is a dealer present who oversees the handling of bets as well as spinning the wheel. There is no random number generator in use here as the results and outcome of the game is dependent upon the chance of the wheel spin.
*Its important for players to note that when it comes to both types of online roulette that is, RNG roulette and live online roulette, they can encounter different variants which include European roulette, American roulette, and French roulette among many others.
How to Play Online Roulette
Roulette is a simple game to play. The simplicity of this game makes it appealing even to beginner players with little to zero gaming experience. To enable all players to acclimatize themselves to the game, we are going to expose and explore the key gameplay details when it comes to online roulette. It’s important for players to note that the information we are going to share applies to both RNG roulette as well as live online roulette in Singapore.
The first thing that players need to do is to choose the type of roulette game to play. Players can opt for either RNG roulette or live roulette at live casino Singapore. Once players choose the type of game they want to play, the next thing is to choose the variant they want to play. There are dozens of roulette variants players can choose from especially when it comes to living roulette. Each variant comes with its own pros and cons hence players need to be cognizant of this. Once players choose the variant they want to play, the next step is to choose a table to settle at.
Players ought to note that when it comes to roulette, each game consists of a single round of betting. Oftentimes, regardless of the type of roulette players are playing, the roulette wheel will be placed at the center or the top part of the screen. The main betting grid sits beneath the wheel at the bottom of the screen. For roulette games that offer side bets, side bets will often be displayed on the extreme sides of the roulette wheel.
On the betting grid, players must make their choices in regards to the bets they want to place. Players can opt for either inside or outside bets. However, before placing the bet, the player must choose the chip value he wants. The chip picked determines the bet amount be placed on each bet. Once players have picked their chip and placed their bet, they can wait for the betting window to close. Once it closes, the wheel spins and once it comes to a halt, depending on the pocket the ball finally rests in, players can win or lose.
An important thing to note on the betting front is that some roulette variants have automatic betting windows. As such, players if this is the case must quickly place their bets before the window comes to a close.
Roulette Bet Types
- Straight/Single: This entails betting on a single number
- Split: This entails betting on two adjacent numbers linked vertically or horizontally
- Street: This entails betting on three consecutive numbers in a horizontal line
- Corner/Square: This entails betting on four numbers that meet at one corner
- Six Line/Double Street: This entails betting on six consecutive numbers that form two horizontal lines
- Trio: This entails betting on three numbers of which one should be a single zero or a double zero
- First Four: This entails betting on the numbers 0-1-2-3. This bet is only available when playing a roulette variant with a single zero layout only.
- Basket: The entails betting on numbers 0-00-1-2-3. The bet is only available when playing a roulette variant with a double zero layout only.
- Red or Black: This entails betting on the colour of the winning number
- Odds or Even: This entails betting on whether the winning number will be even or odd
- High and Low: This entails betting on whether the winning number will be high (above 19) or low (below 19)
- Dozens: This entails betting on number rows. Rows have 12 numbers, that is, 1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36
- Columns: This entails betting on the number in a chosen column
Tips for Winning Playing Online Roulette
- Go for outside bets: Outside bets tend to win more when playing online roulette. As such, players must aim to place outside bets more frequently than inside bets
- Use the Martingale System: This system allows players to divide their bankroll into small portions. Once players do that, they need to place bets successively such that after a win, players maintain the same bet amount but after a loss, they double the bet. Doubling the bet will ensure that once the win comes, the player in an instant recoup all lost bets and win a small profit on top
- Practice makes perfect: As is the case with any game, the key to winning big is to understand all the intricacies of the game. This, therefore, means players must keep practising until they master the game.
Most online roulette games do come in two modes that is the demo mode and the real money mode. Its advisable for players to try out the game in the demo mode until they master all gameplay rules, playing tips and winning strategy. Only when players have mastered this can they proceed to play the game for real in the real money mode.