Online slots attract millions of casino players in Singapore. There isn’t one universal reason that explains the popularity of online slots. However, it’s safe to say that the simplicity of online slots certainly plays a big part in luring millions of players to slots. Online slots are pure chance-based games. This, therefore, means that there isn’t any particular skill set that players need to learn before they can start playing the games. Though this is the case, there are still some basics and key things that all players need to know before they start playing online slots at online casino Singapore. These basics may not necessarily improve one’s chances of winning but they make the gaming session much more exciting, entertaining, and captivating. In this online slot guide, we are going to expose and explore all of these slots’ basics.
Top 6 Best Casino Bonuses and Promotions
What are online slots?
Online slots are an online version of mechanical slot machines. Online slots are gambling games played on a specially designed grid with spinning reels. On these reels, symbols spin and land. After spinning, the way in which the symbols land on the reels (depending on the game rules and format) determines whether a player wins or not. Slots generally come in two formats. Namely, these two formats are as follows:
- Paylines/Winning Ways Format: This format is the most popular format. Slots that use this format come with paylines/ways to win (to be explained in detail below). In order to win, players must match identical symbols (normally from three upwards) on the paylines.
- Cluster Pays: In recent times, most software developers have shown a tendency of favouring the cluster pays format when designing slot machines. When playing such slots, players win when they land identical symbols adjacent to each other horizontally and/or vertically. There aren’t any paylines incorporated when it comes to the cluster pays slots.
Top Most Play Online Slot Games
Golden Fa Fa Fa
Pan Jin Lian
John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen
Gates of Olympus
Lucky Dragon Ball
How to Play Online Slots
In this section, we are going to outline how players can start playing online slots. However, before we go into the finer details, we just want to take a brief moment to explain the key technical terms used when it comes to online slots. Explaining these terms makes it easier for players to understand what online slots are and how they are played.
Key Online Slots Technical Terms Explained
- Reels: When players play slot machines, they are said to be spinning the reels. Reels are the columns on the playing grid. Slots come with different reels (columns). It is on these reels that the game’s symbols land on. Depending on the position they land on and also depending on the format being used in the game (between paylines or cluster pays), players will either win after a spin or lose.
- Paylines: Paylines refer to rows that are designed and structured by the software developer when designing a slot game. paylines determine winners during gameplay. When three or more symbols land on any of the structured paylines, then players win a stipulated payout.
- Symbols: Symbols refer to the icons/images that appear on the reels during a gaming session. Symbols differ from game to game largely owing to the theme used in the game. when a slot comes with an animal theme, the symbols players encounter the most will be animal symbols. Likewise, a slot coming with a football theme will feature football related icons.
- Payout Table: The payout table is a table where all of the game’s reel symbols are displayed. On this same table, players will see the associated payout values of each and every symbol incorporated in the slot.
- Theme: The theme refers to the inspiration behind the slot. For instance, if the software developer was inspired by a movie when designing a slot, then the graphics employed in the game together with the reel symbols are all associated to the movie.
How to Initiate a Gaming Session
Playing online slots at any trusted online casino Singapore is very simple. The first thing that players need to do is to search for the online slot they want. Players may already have a slot game to play in mind or they may use various criteria to choose the game they want. For instance, players may choose to play online slots that come with a particular theme or a certain number of reels/pay lines.
After launching the game, players must adjust some game settings to their preferences. This helps them gain more control over the game. some key settings that players may adjust include the bet options/wagers. On this front, players must set the best options to suit their bankroll. Players can also adjust settings such as the autoplay feature. When players enable this feature, they eliminate the hassles of clicking the spin button after every spin. More settings that players may adjust include the turbo mode, background sounds, left-hand mode, and full-screen among others.
Once all of the above settings have been adjusted to the player’s preference, players can then proceed to click the spin button (or autoplay button if that’s the player’s preference) to get the action going. Each time the reels come to a halt, the layout of the reel symbols on the playing grid determines if one wins or not.
Online Slots Winning Tips and Strategy
As we have alluded to before, online slots are chance-based games. However, this does not mean players have to leave everything in the hands of lady luck, no. Rather, they can perform certain duties themselves to enhance their chances of winning. Below, we explore some of the things that players must do to enhance their chances of winning.
- Play slots with high RTP percentages: Players at all times are advised to play online slots that come with high RTP percentages. RTP simply means return to player percentage. Slots that come with high RTP percentages tend to pay the player more over the long run hence the reason its recommended to settle for such games.
- Consider game volatility: All online slots come with varying levels of volatility. Some games are low volatile, other high volatile and others medium variance games. Low volatile games tend to pay out more frequently but spilling out low payouts. Such games are perfect for low rollers (players wagering with low stakes). High volatility games on the other hand pay out periodically but when they do, they spill out huge winnings. Such games tend to favour patient high roller players.
- Try out online slots in demo mode first: Most online slots come in two game modes that is, the demo mode and the real money mode. The former allows players to spin the reels for free that is, without wagering any of their hard cash. The beauty of playing the demo mode is that players grasp the playing rules, tips and strategy before risking any of their hard-earned money.
Online Slots Outcome
Online slots used the random number generator. The random number generator makes the outcome of online slots totally random hence fair for all players.
Online slots are popular games for a reason. The games are very simple thus they endear themselves to a wide variety of players from pro players to beginner players without much gaming experience. Online slots also come with a wide variety of betting options thus they accommodate all player types whether they classify themselves as low rollers, mid-range players, or high rollers. This accommodative nature of online slots, therefore, makes them an appealing proposition.